Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center is seeking a Full Time RN Educator to join our Medical/Surgical unit and a Full Time RN Educator for Telemetry unit.
As the unit educator, this candidate functions as the unit’s educational professional in the development and implementation of educational programs as well as has designated direct patient care shifts. The instructor has primary responsibility for the development and application of the educational programs and must meet the identified staff learning needs that occur in the areas of orientation, safety, quality, Magnet, continuing education, mandated education, competencies, CPR, ACLS, Wound and ostomy, and the introduction of new policies, procedures, or equipment under the guidance of the Education Coordinator, CNS and Director of Nursing and in collaboration with Unit Clinical Coordinator/Director. This position requires the knowledge and skills of professional nursing theory and practice; the principles of adult teaching/learning process and effective interpersonal and communication skills and therefore, a BS in Nursing degree is required.
This position maintains responsibility and accountability for planning, delivering, directing and supervising staff in the provision of patient care on a daily basis. This individual works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary health care team to develop and evaluate appropriate care plans for each patient assigned to his/her care.
(Shifts may vary to meet the need of department)
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of NY.
- Demonstrated competence as a clinical educator.
- Meets annual employee health requirements as outlined in Hospital Policy.
- Demonstrates excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Proficient at critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Able to maintain computerized records using Excel, Word and other data bases.
· Current licensure in NYS.
· Bachelors of Nursing required or graduation from an accredited BSN program within 6 months-1 year of graduation with continuous maintenance of school courses and graduation date identified may be considered.
· Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
· At least two years’ experience in unit specialty. Teaching experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35.00 – $41.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Differential pay
- Overtime pay
- Medical/Surgical or Telemetry nurse: 3 years (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- NY RN (Required)